In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic we are offering the option for patients to be assessed/managed via phone or video link. This service is available for people who feel more comfortable managing their condition in their own home. For an appointment please click here or phone the clinic on 02 49655655.
Whilst we pride ourselves on delivering high quality ‘hands on’ treatment, we are confident we can continue to provide professional and effective consultations via Telehealth.
How does Telehealth work?
For the majority of musculoskeletal conditions and injuries; advice, education, self-management strategies and individual exercise programs are the keys to modern and evidence-based physiotherapy consultations. Telehealth will enable us to continue empowering our clients to take control of their health, with the ability to feel and move better.
- Book an appointment via our ‘Book Appointment‘ page, call the clinic on 49 655 655, or email us directly via our ‘Contact Us‘ page.
- Patients will receive an email confirming there appointment details and further instructions in preparation for their appointment. A Case History attachment will be provided. This will need to be filled in and emailed back to the clinic to ensure the physiotherapist can deliver an efficient consult.
- Video consultations will be secure and encrypted, via ZOOM App. Clients will have to get the ZOOM App.
- Ensuring your device has a camera will enable us to view your injured body part, perform movement assessments and prescript treatment.
- Payment can be completed over the phone or via the secure online credit card system PayPal (No account needed, can use guest checkout).
What to expect from a Telehealth consult
Our experienced physiotherapist will:
- Discuss your pain / injury / impairment
- Perform an assessment via guided movements
- Advise on a plan to recovery
- Provide rehabilitation exercises and/or advice on management
- Deliver rehabilitation equipment/products that we stock as needed
- Provide referrals and/or medical certificates
How will exercises / rehabilitation prescribed?
Any exercise prescription will be emailed directly to you via SimpleSet. This is a free portal. We will email you a link to join after your consultation.
How long is a consult & what are the cost?
- 60 minutes will be allocated for initial consults. (Senior Physiotherapist $50, Physiotherapist $45)
- 30 minutes will be allocated for subsequent consults. (Senior Physiotherapist $45, Physiotherapist $40)
- We are offering this service at a 50% discount to our face-to-face consult costs.
Can I use my Private Health benefits?
- Private health funds are fast tracking access for their members to access tele-physiotherapy consultations while Australians’ movements are restricted by the COVID 19 pandemic. We encourage you to contact your Private Health Fund to determine your eligibility.
- The Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) has provided a link to learn more regarding your eligibility to use your Private Health Insurance with Telehealth Physiotherapy.
- Eligible clients will have to pay for their consult in full, then use their emailed receipt to claim back any benefits from their insurer.
Can I utilise Telehealth if my injury is covered by a workers compensation claim?
Work Cover patient are advised to seek approval for the use of Telehealth from their insurer. We ask client to request their insurer to send confirmation of this approval to the clinic.